Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lost

I have not posted in a long time.  I love teaching, but am having a bad year.  I want to be a curriculum director and not sure what I should do now.  I am a bit disheartened by my school.  I see so much going on and don't have the power to change it.
I had to change my project and don't know how to do this.  I have some support, but not a lot.  That is the problem.  How do I change the project and what do I do?
I feel like I don't know what is expected of me in the program or the school I work in.  It has been a tough year.
My husband was in an accident and had to fight with his job to pay for it.  My mother in law was diagnosed and subsequently died of stage IV pancreatic cancer.   My teaching partner was going to leave our campus because of stress and paperwork.  now she is staying and I am happy but she lost a dream job.
I don't know what to do.... I will plug through and make it...but I want to be the best I can be!!  I am working on finding a way to channel my energy.... Not sure how it will go!  Can't wait!
T

3 comments:

  1. Terri,
    I just read your blog (April 3rd) and I am so sorry that things got so tough. I hope things are better now. Sometimes things happen in our lives that cause us strife but these are wonderful opportunities to grow stronger. God is polishing you and you are losing your coal exterior and your true diamond on the inside will soon shine for all to see. Please keep posting… I’d love to hear from you. I wish you the best... God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy. This has been my worst year of teaching. Almost walked away. I did not because of my Kids! I still have no real project.....uggghhh... I have found inner strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have finally got it together! I am on the PBIS committee (discipline if those do not know what that is). We have been very ineffective and had not met in quite awhile. Myself and a colleague asked to take it over and to be teacher led with the AP being the adviser. We love this idea and have spent yesterday planning the meeting on Tuesday. My AP has also allowed me to participate in several discipline referrals. It has been great! I feel like I have connected again!

    ReplyDelete